Do you have a burning question you come across while mentoring? Did your experience in this area lead you to a hypothesis that you believe has not been discussed enough in the mentoring scence? Here is your chance to inspire your fellow coordinators and mentoring researchers by presenting it and benefiting from their knowledge. Discuss and work together in a session to come up with new insight and solutions. We also invite researchers to present their latest research question to receive first had feedback from practitioners.
We are offering thirty participants the possibility to conduct a 45-minute working session during the summit, in which either the key issues of the summit as presented in the input talks on Thursday morning shall be discussed, or topics listed below, which are of course open for expansion. To give you an idea, what the topic of your session could look like, we have listed a few examples below. Feel free to bring in your own ideas!
Please note that a session should not be a mere presentation on your side. We ask you to take no longer then 10 minutes to present your question/hypothesis and then take on the role of the moderator for the discussion, exchange of experiences or joint collection of experiences – whatever seems suitable for the chosen topic.
Would you like to conduct such a session? We invite you to submit a proposal of no longer than one page, answering the following questions:
- Who are you and to which institution do you belong?
- What is your major starting question or hypothesis
- How do you plan the session? Which method will you use? (discussion; film presentation; short paper)
- What is the goal of the session?
Please upload your proposal under the below button.
Deadline for submission: January 31, 2018.
Sessions are selected by the steering committee until February 15, 2018.
Admission to sessions: Open BarCamp, no preliminary registration, conference participants decide on-site.
The sessions will be documented in German and can be downloaded online for free after the summit.
Please register for the summit before you hand in your proposal!
Some ideas for topics for sessions:
- Parent and family engagement
- Quality standards and the award system
- Building developmental relationships at all levels
- A new approach in mentor recruitment: YIM – Youth Initiated Mentoring
- Experiences and best practices of coordinator trainings
- Impact orientation
- Social return of investment (SROI)
- From impact assessment to process evaluation
- What do we know about the outcomes for mentors?
- Participatory action research in mentoring projects
- Cultural responsiveness in mentoring relationships
- How to deal with traumas in mentoring relationships
- New mentoring models in the work with migrants
- Best practice: Models of cooperation
- Digital mentoring/online digital solutions/support for mentoring
- Does too much training for volunteers make them too „professionell“ to be „big friends“?
- Same-cultural matching prevents reproducing stereotype inequalities in mentoring relationships
- How to deal with homophobic/racist parents