We are pleased to share the new image for the 2020 European Mentoring Summit in Barcelona. In the website, you can already find out the first confirmed keynote speakers as well as information on the venue. Tickets for the Summit are already available. Take advantage of the Early Birds prices!
You can already purchase your tickets for the 2020 European Mentoring Summit. For this new edition of the Summit, we have released three types of tickets: The Regular Ticket, the Early Birds, and a special offer for 3 or more members of organisations that are planning on coming to the event. Take advantage of the Early Birds option until the 15th January, make sure to get the best price!
What is the European Mentoring Summit?
The European Mentoring Summit is a biannual event that aims to connect people and projects from Europe and abroad who work in the mentoring sector to establish connections and share research and practice experiences. The 2020 European Mentoring Summit is the third edition after the summits in Berlin (2018) and Leeuwarden (2016). The event brings together professionals, practitioners, researchers, mentors, government, corporate partners and civic leaders representing the mentoring movement. The summit is, therefore, a great opportunity to strengthen your network, get to know the diversity of the mentoring scene and to gain and pass on new insights from research and action.
What can you expect from the 2020 Summit in Barcelona?
World-renowned speakers, workshops with creative experts, different sessions to exchange knowledge and tools, a philanthropic track to connect potential sponsors and mentoring organizations, a special networking dinner as well as a cultural and social program. The Summit will focus on these four main topics:
• Research-practice partnerships: shared experiences;
• Mentoring and socio-cultural diversity;
• Mentoring and gender;
• Methodologies and ethics on mentoring.
The 2020 Summit will build a strong platform of networking activities to enhance opportunities and strengthen the relations between scholars and practitioners as well as between private foundations and mentoring organisations.
Keynote speakers confirmed
• Dimitrios Papadimoulis is a Greek politician. Currently the Vice-President of the European Parliament, he is Chair of the High-level Group on Gender Equality and Diversity.
• Professor Patrick Dolan holds the prestigious UNESCO Chair in Children, Youth and Civic Engagement, the first to be awarded in the Republic of Ireland.
• Beatriz Hernandez de Fuhr is an information specialist working with KVINFO, The Danish Centre for Information on Gender, Equality and Diversity.
• Dr Bernadette Sánchez conducts research on mentoring relationships and positive youth development among urban, low-income adolescents of colour.
The workshop selection is still in process. We have received over 60 abstracts and we will soon release the chosen ones together with the Summit’s schedule. If you have sent an abstract and have not heard back from us yet, do not worry, we are still working on the selection. We want to make sure that we offer our attendees the best learning opportunity possible!
All attendees of the 2020 European Mentoring Summit will receive a form later on to select their workshop preferences, as well as to sign up for the networking dinner that will take place on the second day of the Summit.